By Madison Hart
Here are some of my favorite recipes for under $20. Feel free to comment and share your favorite $20 recipe below.
This is my favorite recipe for when I’m sick. Not only is it good for restoring your health, but it’s also a great weight-loss smoothie. I had my friends try it, and they loved it too!
I know kale is not everybody’s favorite green vegetable, but if you pair it with these other ingredients, it will be delicious. This smoothie will cost you less than $15 if you shop at Target, and you’ll have enough for many servings.
- 2 cups of roughly chopped kale
- 1 cucumber
- 2 green apples
- 2.5 cups of coconut water
- 2 cups of ice
- Fresh juice from 2 lemons
Add all of the ingredients, excluding the ice, into a blender and blend until pureed. Then add the ice, and voila!
The smoothie doesn’t smell too good, but I promise you’ll be pleasantly surprised with the taste. Not to mention, you’ll be feeling healthier.
Everybody loves tacos. With the variety of ground meat available, there are so many options!
- 1 lb. of ground meat (I used beef, but you could use chicken or turkey)
- 1 pkg. of taco seasoning (I bought the taco seasoning from Target for under $1)
- 1 pkg. of lettuce (You could even use a bagged salad for this)
- 1 pkg. of shredded cheese
- Flour tortillas or hard taco shells
- Sour Cream
Once you brown the meat and add in the seasoning, you’re all set to go. You can put the lettuce on your taco, or make a taco salad. This meal should cost less than $20, and will last you for many days.