By Samantha Villanueva
With flight tickets sky high during the holidays, most students cannot afford to, or don’t see it feasible, to shell out $400 to $500+ to go home for the Thanksgiving three day weekend. This is where “Friendsgiving” comes in. It’s a great alternative to flying home, and you still get a delicious meal with amazing people. Be it your suite mates, roommates, classmates or just great people you’ve met around campus, you all have one thing in common – you’ll be on/near campus for the holiday. So why not gather up a few friends for Friendsgiving?! Below are a few ideas for an affordable shared snack to bring to a party and a game to play that’s guaranteed to keep the good times going!
White Chocolate Peanut Butter Crackers
- Package of Ritz crackers
- Jar of Peanut Butter (creamy works best)
- White Chocolate Almond Bark
- Wax Paper
- Lay Ritz on flat surface and apply a coat of peanut butter
- Press another plain Ritz cracker on top to make a “sandwich”
- Heat almond bark as directed on packaging
- Once heated, dip “sandwiches” in almond bark and apply a generous coating
- Once covered place “sandwiches” on wax paper to cool and harden
- Enjoy! 🙂
You can try a few variations of this recipe by switching out the white chocolate for milk chocolate or changing from peanut butter to Nutella! You can also top the crackers with sprinkles if you’d like.
For a game to keep the party going I suggest a personal favorite of mine, Ring of Fire. All you need is a deck of cards, your beverage of choice and good company! You can find the game rules here.
How do you plan to spend your Thanksgiving?